Biomass is any residue generated in agriculture and animal husbandry activities, in forest activities, in the timber industry and in the food industry among others. This waste can still be used and considered subproducts. Almond shell falls into this category.
Biomasa has great advantages as a fuel:
- Reduction of CO2 emissions.
- It doesn't emit sulfur or nitrogen pollutants, not even solid particles.
- Reduction of dependence of external fuel supplies.
Why almond shell?
Why almond shell among the many biomass fuels options?
- Calorific power 4 000 kcal/kg
- Better ratio energy/price than any other type of biomass
- Less ash residues